Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Help for trip needed

snaggletooth

• View Profile
Hi Guys,

I have been reading the current updates with great interest.  I am processing my last deer of the year while my 11 month old son climbs up my leg-probably not a safe venture.
My brother, my 8 year old son, my dad and myself are planning a trip to Mosquito Creek Lake the third weekend.  I live south of Lexington, KY and I love ice fishing - I grew up in the Catskills in southern NY.  We are looking for a place to stay, and would like to stay in a cabin if there are  any around the lake or close by.  We have stayed in hotels and B&Bs before, but it's just nice to have your own space and be able to clean fish in the kitchen, then cook a hot meal.  I have contacted several realtors in the Cortland area, but no response as of yet.  Any help would be appreciated.  Would prefer a three bedroom/1 bath if avilable.
Also, the ODNR reports good numbers of northern pike in mosquito creek lake.  I have not read any posts of persons pursuing the toothy critters, but would like to catch some, as well as walleyes, perch and crappie. We plan to use the full complement of tip-ups and jig rods.  Any info would be a great help.

Thanks.

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
I'm not aware of any B&B around skeeter, maybe someone else can chime in and help you out. What I can tell you is there are a lot of N. Pike in skeeter. While fishing for eyes couple years ago I was catching quite a few pike. On the boat this year we managed to catch quite a few also. I dont target anything but eyes either. Spoons with whole or half minnow is what has taken all the pike for me. I'm not a big fan of catching them thru the ice as they can really create havoc wrapping lines and destroying lures but they are fun to catch. There are some dandy pike in this lake. If you find the right spot on the right day you can pull eyes, pike, perch, crappie, gills, and cats all from same hole. It really is an amazing fishery.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

Vexilar