Ice Fish Ohio Forum

I don't get this lake

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
I know there's lots of fish in there, I fish it almost daily when it's open water, and people I talk to always talk about catching them through the ice, I've been on it probably 12 times this season and have yet to get a fish, I've tried every size shape and color of spoon, jig, you name it, dry flies and nymphs pegged 12-18 inches above a jigging spoon, tipping maggots red&white, minnows, minnow heads, wax worms, even house flies (accidently left the maggots in the bucket for while and opened the jar to put them on a jig and they all turned to flies!)
I'm thinking it's a morning bite cause I've fished there from 12pm-9pm and haven't got a bit other then maybe a dozen little nips after dark
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

Fish2Win

• View Profile
I caught prolly50-60 fish Saturday from 7:30 am- 2:30pm. I fished In 18 ft of water by the pump house. All fish were caught on a 5 mm fiska with a little atom nuggie and no meat.

sirfishalot

• View Profile
Fished yesterday evening. No luck. Tried ll my best spring, summer spots except the pump house with no luck! Saw what looked like someone used a chainsaw which I thought was pretty interesting..Trying again tomorrow a.m. hooked something huge two years ago through the ice by the pump house but lost it. I'd like to think it was a walleye! Ive caught some last summer out there.. this is a great fishery and I hope were all harvesting responsibly. Thanks for the tips and if anyone needs a partner let me know! Ive got all the gear and fish finder. Thanks for the tips!!!

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Probably either a big walleye or one of the channel cats, I catch fish Ohio size channels all the time there in the summer
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

EJH

• View Profile
Fish the last two Saturday afternoons.  Some decent size gils, some channel cats (largest 20"), a 16" bass and a few crappie (largest 12in).  Fish the bay across from the open water area on the east shore. 15'-16' of water.  Fish were tight to the bottom. Only saw two others out this Saturday afternoon 2pm-6:15pm.  My buddy fished Sunday am in the same area- bluegills and catfish.  Saw someone fishing by the pumphouse Saturday om, couldn't tell how he did.

Vexilar