Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Friday the 4th

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
This is the area that I hit on the 4th every waypoint represents a hole that has drilled. Not every hole drilled represents a hole that was fished from some were just to get a good ice and water depth.  As I said in a previous post  four keeper Bluegills and two 10" Smallmouth bass and several smaller gills. I was hoping to get into crappies with the fishing poles and Walleyes on the tip-ups but no such luck. This area is a proven area for crappie and Perch. Walleye are generally east of this area.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
What program are you using to mark your spots and save to your computer?
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
HotMaps Explorer
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Its a good map program if you like to plan things out. You can save waypoint in the program and export them to your GPS and vice-verse. I’m trying to keep track of how many holes I drill per year, how many fish are caught and conditions, and the GPS location. As well as how it relates to spring and fall fishing.  This is the 4th year I  have been doing this and I have a lot of good info.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I will have to look into that. I have a delorme pn-40 that I love. I was saving all my info the last few seasons but then the sd card went bad on me and I had never backed it up on my computer, Lessons learned
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Vexilar