Ice Fish Ohio Forum

been years

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
used to ice fish for perch at grand lake in the eighties and early nineties.  Suppose that never recovered did it?  Wheres agood starting point for walleyes in your lake when ice comes back?  Don't think C.J. Brown is going to get good enough to chase eyes there and I'd like a lake to go to when Indian is overcrowded.
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I haven't seen a reply to my questions about the fish being edible but GLSM was giving up some good eyes a few weeks ago on the early ice.

toadfish

• View Profile
The state test the flesh in some fish last year and reached the conclusion they were safe to eat.  I read an article by John Haggeman, a fish biologist on Lake Erie.  Just like with mercury and PCB's, the higher you go on the food chain, the more exposure you will get from any contaminates.  As long as you don't eat fish every day, week after week, I think you'll be OK.  If you catch fish as rarely as I do, that shouldn't be a problem!
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Some of the pig walleye that were caught a few weeks ago I would think are pretty high in PCB's.  I dunno, either way they would be fun to catch!

Vexilar