Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Runners for hub shanty

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I have been wanting to make some type of runners for my clam expedition. It is 5x6 when set up. Because of being an odd size it is a pain in the butt to take up and down. The hubs like to get all tangled up in one another because 2 of them are shorter then the other 2. I dont mind putting it up and down once a day but I need to devise some type of runners the shanty will be off the ice when I move then sit back down when I get to my next spot. Its a real pain to have to have 2 people pick it up a carry it to a new spot. This is the shanty I plan on using for when I take my 3 year old out on the ice or when Im with Mrs.HardWaterJunkie. I have had a few ideas but none ever panned out very well. Have any of you seen a hub shanty easily moved while set up? I want it to be some kind of ski system. Any ideas would really help out. Thanks
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
you might check out the "smitty sled" on ice shanty .com. it's simple to make, and you can customize it to any size you want. i made one with skis i got at goodwill for 5 bucks, and some scrap lumber lying around. the come apart, so you can put them in the trunk if you don't have a pick up.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I am really leaning in that direction. I really like the smitty sled because of how it breaks down for storage. I think I will make it between 8-12 inchs high so I never have a problem with the open shanty catching deep snow.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
after we got mine finished, my son in law thought it would be good to space a series of holes in the 2x4's so you could change the width of the sled to suit your load size.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hyfax Runners: Can be purchased from the manufacturer or I got mine from Universal Plastics in North Canton:

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar