Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Help with Slender Spoons

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
Anyone have any tips on using slender spoons for eyes here in NE Ohio , ie sizes and colors and techniques . ???
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:55:08 AM by Luvztaphish »

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
     Spoons are a wonderful thing and for eyes 1-4 inch models do great.  In low light of dingy water go with glow or a bright color.  In clear water use silver/gold or more natural colors.  Hopefully you have a flasher or camera to watch your action when fish come in.  Start by ripping the lure hard and let it settle till it's inches off bottom.  Give it at least 15 seconds before you rip again.  You can also rip several times the let settle to bring them in.  On multible rips let it bang bottom then on the last let is settle above bottom.  If this doesn't attract try smaller jumps six inches to a foot then wiggle it off bottom.  Pause dead still for a few seconds then slowly lift up a couple of feet and repeat.  Hopefully this gets you started
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I also like to tip my hooks with a minnow head, of other live bait.  I think it gives it a better smell, at least I've always had success that way.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Luvztaphish

• View Profile

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
What kind of fish do you plan on targeting with the slender spoons?
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Luvztaphish

• View Profile

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I seen a really good video that James Holst did fishing for eyes with the slender spoon. He gave a lot of good info on them. I will get get the link for you so you can watch it

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I didnt scan thru the whole video but I really think this is the right video. James has a lot of good videos on his channel and you can really learn a lot from him.

Early Ice Upper Red Lake Walleyes -- "In-Depth Outdoors" TV, Season 7, Episode 5

Luvztaphish

• View Profile
 ;D ;D ; ;D ;thanks for the heads up on IDO . I registered and am watching all the videos .

Vexilar