Ice Fish Ohio Forum

mosquito fishing reports?

capt scott

• View Profile
I am thinking about making the hour and a half drive in the morning was hoping to get some reports on the fishing today? bouy line? 305? thanks guys!

asiu118

• View Profile
spent 4 hours on a brushpile by the handycap barge drilled 30 holes marked fish but no bites lots of people out from 305 lots of people coming and going
ASIU118

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Those were probably crappie in the brush pile. What were you using, and were you fishing above them?  Crappie won't feed below them.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

mbarrett1379

• View Profile
    • Steelhead fishing "Rainbow Row"
Really? I thought there was bigger in there haha I want ice fish some brush piles on ice for them! Is there any of that in the foot or squito

asiu118

• View Profile
used different color pinmins small ice jigs all tipped with maggots or waxworms.the 2 guys fishn same area drilled 50 holes using small vibes pimples ants  fished this pile lots of times never been skunked on it
ASIU118

Erie Tom

• View Profile
Anyone  have  ice reports north or  the cemetery. Thinking  of  going  Monday.  Looking  forward to the trip

Thanks  ahead  of time! 

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Wow, you threw the kitchen sink at them, I'm shocked you didn't get a bite.  From what I've been reading, yesterday was tough in a lot of places.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

bigbick0824

• View Profile
How is the ice out there today north and south iv seen alot out today i checked it Saturday n only found 4 in 70 yds off shore i like to wait until 6 or so any info would be appreciated thank you

bf1976

• View Profile
Fished the north end friday and saturday out of mecca(causeway bait shop area) and drilled alot of holes with 5.5 to 6 inches of ice - fishing was fun but catching was terrible. Guys at the buoys called the bait store when I was in there and indicated friday the ice was 3 inches were they got on - but 5 inches offshore.

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Anyone been able to check the ice. I heard they have decent ice on the north side but would like to confirm before making the hour and a half drive.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

bf1976

• View Profile
Checked ice on 2/1 alot of open water on south end especially on the west shore down by the dam and a little on the north end & on 2/02 open water closed up on south end for the most part and north end still has open water in the shallows - ie not fishable. I will check/fish the north end out of mecca on 2/04 and report.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
here is the causeway # 330-637-7076  ...maybe save some gas  ;)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

BrownIce

• View Profile
I was there today. The ice was 2" until 80 yards out at the north side bouy line (foggy ice). Three guys out. But not advisable. I think the ice should be good by Wed. Drilled three test holes and got off the ice. The ice is probably better where the old ice remained. I believe the ice I was on was all new ice. Anyone want to go Wed...let me know.
Chase

bf1976

• View Profile
Ice out of mecca about 2.5" to 3." Planned on fishing but spud went through on the second hit about 200 yds. out - so cancelled fishng for the day. Let me know if someone snags a mile lacks 53' spud bar as it literally went through.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i hope its  good by this weekend that would be awesome, my stuff is ready and waiting ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar