Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Another Trip To The Irish Hills

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Fished three lakes over the weekend and all were decent but not too great. Vineyard saturday morning got crowded but kept me busy with gills. Good ice 6in. Then went to the private lake and had a little company. Hole hoped and got a few keepers but very picky fish. 6in+ ice there. Only found a few crappies and a perch and some gills. Fished the deeper water all day but i tried the shallow stuff 7ft. on the way to the truck and of course they were there, oh well! Then sunday we fished the private lake and another lake both had at least 6in of ice. Our day started slow which led us to make the move. Went to the other lake where luckily a friend lives on it and we had a short (ish) walk to a weedbed and caught gills all afternoon turning on before the front. They came mostly from 10-12f.o.w. Couldn't get anything to go on minnows but one bullhead. Jawjacker pulled the usual roaming gill and best bite came from a subtle jig all weekend not many aggressive fish but it sure was fun temping them. Probably going back to the last lake where 3 of us ended up keeping around 50 for a full days fishing! Pics to come later I do not have them on my laptop here at school!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
SOunds Like you had a great weekend.
Did you make it out to Spencer?
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
It was pretty good. Always an adventure fishing lakes you have never been on, just going by look and drilling holes!
I did not make it there. My truck had a little boo-boo and I rode with a friend both times to these lakes
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Vexilar