Ice Fish Ohio Forum

fishing results

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
went to grand lake... fished west side for eyes, saw 2 caught , I only marked a few late in the evening. Early in the day fished andersons 1st pull off, marked fish in every hole I drilled but they seemed to be lock jawed. Dumped every bait I had on me and only managed to catch  a few gills and crappie, I left with tail between my legs like a whipped puppy. As far as ice conditions, andersons at the last pull off ,the ice was crap , 1 hit and spud went through, 1st pull off I had 6 plus inches, west side of the lake was 3" where I was but with bad ice all around. The state  opened up the drain on the beaver river and the locals says this kills the fishing, I have to agree. This lake was my favorite lake in the 80's and early 90's to ice fish. I just hope it stays positive. The biggest downfall I see right now is bait shops. Since the lake has had no or little pressure in the past 10yrs a lot of bait stores have closed up, best bet is to go to the outdoorsman and even there walleye/ saugeye baits are thin, you can get the  basic ,waxies/ spikes and minnows, but vib "e" s , rapalas, pimples are picked through pretty good, and they don't sell anything to drink. I cant blame them since we were there to support them when times were tough.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:16:19 PM by wapak ice dawg »

jonboy

• View Profile
Another downfall is you guys doing everything you can to ensure that big schools and fish populations in general are depleted as much as humanly possible.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
When I go I keep 1 or 2 crappies and that's it.  My wife hates fish, and I don't like it frozen.  I keep enough for 1 meal, then that gives me an excuse to go back out the next day again.  Also it helps maintain the fishery.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar