Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Secret Weapon

Banker · 22 · 15636

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I want to know what your secret weapon on the ice is. You know what I am talking about. You have been debating whether or not you wanted to spill the beans on this piece of hardware because no one else knows it's powers. The jig or spoon that you look both ways before tying on.

It's late enough in the season that we will all forget by next season...promise :)

To be fair: mine is the bumble bee from bentley fishing.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
My go to is the vibe,"big sexy"purple with glow,and in this case size does matter,but thats a secret! ;)
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Mine is a jig I make myself.  I call it the Tinmouth Torpedo.  The chartreuse/ green is my best color.  I'll post a pic when I get to my computer.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I want one of the tinmouth trpedos..selling any?  :)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes I do, pm me. ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here's the pic!  ;D

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I'm a spoon guy. I catch more fish on spoons then anything else. My secret spoon is one that I make and have dubbed the Smitty Spoon. You can't tell from the pic but the lower part of the spoon is cupped and the top has a slight bend. The spoon itself is 1 inch long minus the split ring and hook. It has 2 small chrome flippers  on the split ring with the hook. I make them with treble hooks or single hook. It depends on how the fish are biting on which I use. I normally use the treble with live red and white maggots or the single with out bait or plastics. I normally fish them in 20 ft. or less water as they are a lighter weight spoon. The action is awesome and they flutter like crazy on the way down and dance like crazy with a short fast jigging strokes. I also make about 20 different styles of horizontal panfish jigs that I fish with my plastics that fish very well but if I had to go out with 1 rod and 1 lure it would be this spoon
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

buddachiefer

I make these with a #12-#14 scud hook with a tungsten bead and 6/0 thread, white seems to be the best.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Nice Jigs! Maybe i need a secret bait to catch more fish. I will be watching this thread.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wow thats cool you guys make your own secret weapons, me i just buy mine its a shrimpo in green and glow....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I made this brown and orange pinmin that is so ugly I was laughing out loud today when I got done.  Tied it on and I bet it will outfish all my other lures this weekend.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i made a lure from a pop can pull tab once, man i sure caught alot of mackeral on it.. ;D

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Holy mackaral,a pull tab :o
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Well I already posted this in another thread but here it is again.
My secret or otherwise not so secret weapon is a moon jig in glow. Smallest size any color.
If they were not so deadly on panfish I don't think Mr Genz would recommend them.
The fish below were all caught by me this year on two separate trips all on various moon jigs made by K&E tackle.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ok i have thought about it and here is my most valued secret 8)....when using a 3 or 4 inch jig  make a small slit and insert a small piece of alka seltzer or other tab fizzy drink type...it will bubble and fish always hit things they havent seen before....hehehe 8)  ps...you may get cats also..... ;)

Vexilar