IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
Man what a brutal drive that was, weather was less than stellar...of course that's an understatement Added an extra hr to the drive. Running on hr 25 now lol gotta pay to play!   Sitting at pilgrims village bait shop now.

ICE COLD

• View Profile
Walleyeg, we are thinking of taking a trip to Mitchell Lake on Feb.8. I would appreciate any updates on Mitchell.

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
The crappie bite has been slow and steady. Look for deeper water, 8-10ft morning bite has been better for me than the afternoon evening bite. Fishing in the am then headed back to ice-less Ohio:-(. If you have a quad or sled it will help a lot. We've gotten 3" since I've been here and there suppose to get another snow storm Monday. Ice is 8-10"

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for the report.

What was the best bait for the crappies and how many did you catch?
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

fish master

• View Profile
    • facebook
anyone looking to take a trip to michigan cadillac area to do some icefishing... i can provide a place to sleep i lived there 15 years and have family near there. if you can provide the ride up.. saves us both money. if so you can contact me @ [email protected]   or pm me. justin

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
Dave,

I cought most of my crappie on a slender spoon, silver with green decal. It was tipped with red/ white maggots. The most important thing was keeping the bait moving . Another fella fishing near me one day was using a purple moon jig and did ok as well.
Picked up a few fish off a dead stick with a a minnow but not many.
Didn't keep track of numbers, many small crappie and hammer handle pike. Kept and brought home a dozen 9"+ fish, big fish was 12.

Vexilar