Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Clam Runner Thermal--my new shanty!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I think I'm going to love the new shanty!  It is the one man Clam Runner Thermal, I got a mid-range thermal fabric.  It's the 600 denier, not the 900.  For our area the 900 would just be too much, but the 600 will grately reduce or eliminate interior condensation while keeping the shanty warm, especially on cold, windy days.  I love the adjustable, padded seat and storage hammock under it.  I also like how easily the whole seating system slides and removes.  It can be removed in less than 5 seconds.  The light gray interior of the tub is great too, makes the shanty a little brighter inside and finding things easier that fell in the bottom, but not so bright that it will harm night fishing!  The console is perfect too, has area for a coffee cup, bait, a few lures, and pliars too.  Even the pole support system is sweet.  No knobs to push in and slide, my old shanty would freeze up and then my gloves would get caught as the poles slid up or down.  No more with this one!  I added a bait well and an exrta auxiliary battery with 12 volt port near the console also.  I also installed a runner kit to protect the sled bottom, including siliconing the nuts so they don't leak.  This step isn't in the instructions, but my old shanty leaked at the runners and I didn't want that happening again!  I have a light bar for night fishing also.  The only thing I'm disappointed about is the weight, I was hoping by going to a one man vs. a 2 man, it'd be lighter.  But it's not, the tub is same size, and all my accessories and heavier fabric make up the difference in weight so its the same as my 2 man.  But it's set up the way I want, since most of my fishing is done solo from my shanty.  The only other negative I can think is the console comes pre-drilled on the left side, which I like because I'm left handed, but a right-hander might want to move it to the other side.  Drilling it in would be simple.  But no other complaints, I think it'll be an awesome shanty!  I think it'll pull a little easier than my old one because of the tub design, less bottom dragging on the snow/ice.  But we need fishable ice to find out!!  Come on ice!!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Now for sum ice so you field test it instead of the living room or basement
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

steelneyes

• View Profile
Very nice set up.  And don't worry John, he has already caught plenty of fish through the basement floor in his head.  Looks like ice by the first weekend of the new year.
Spud one, spud two, if it went through, so will you!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Looks great slab, now when you get done with your new toys and get to feeling better you will give me a call and we can get busy on the ne pan fish series! ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Working on panfish series too this weekend.  Should have something to go over Tuesday or Wednesday.  
Here's the final shanty pics!  Everything's loaded except my new rods.  Still waiting on the reel tape to attach my Clam Spooler Reels.  Light strand is hooked up too.  Nuts all cut off and ground smooth so as not to damage any gear!  Now all I need it my tape, 10 minutes to install reels, and ICE!!!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:01:29 AM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
If this weather keeps up I'm going to mount a shanty on my Coleman crawdad . :'(

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice set up buddy, looks like you will be cozy . :D  ....soon you will need a smoke alarm, like hardwaterjunkie....hahahahhaah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar