Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Outlook for the week?

Downthehole

• View Profile
Hi All,

Do you think we'll get any decent ice build this week? Forecasts show a slight warm-up compared to last week with highs in the mid 30's and lows in the mid 20's. They are forecasting highs in the 40's next weekend.

This weekend was a let down for me as I didn't get out (Truck is in the repair shop). I'm hoping to get out this week or next weekend....

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

quackpot

• View Profile
I plan on fishing Indian this coming weekend. Wish I had more help at work I would be there this week.

g

• View Profile
Should have ice building this week. Hopefully the shoreline ice locks up good with yesterdays and todays temps.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Kiser is 5" and getting better , we didn't lose any.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Same at Nimi. Was out for a bit this morning on C-5 and had s good 3-3.5" inches. You could hear it making ice like crazy. Shoreline was locked up tight. This week nothing is going anywhere.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Well guys, just watched the weather and I hope they are wrong calling for a few days in the high 40s with rain toward the weekend and 60s and rain beginning of next week! We just can't catch a break, better drill some holes soon or we might be waiting for 2nd ice to arrive
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Downthehole

• View Profile
I hope we catch a break!
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Doesn't look too bad for what I'm seeing. Quit worrying nate. Your plans always work out ;)

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Because our baby will come any day and I'll be off the ice for at least a couple weeks per my promise, that means a huge arctic blast.  I'll be seeing reports and photos of giant fish pulled thru ice holes while I'm changing diapers. Jealous already!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I saw the 10 day,looks dismal ................... :-[
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yep, after Christmas weekend, forecast doesn't look good. Hopefully we'll get another cold front to refreeze things.  Most ice on the lakes are more sketchy than safe.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
gosh slab, if it would make you feel better I can bring over some fish.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks, but I'm the only one who likes fish!  But I think I'll be out sooner than thought. After this weekend looks like we'll have a little lull in safe ice and by round 2 I'll be ready!!!

Team Wilcraft!

thewiz

• View Profile

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Will probably take a drive around PLX Monday to check ice conditions.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar