Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Prayers for their families

Guest · 5 · 3035

Team Mac

News report .....  be careful out there and watch for unattended kids......

(AP)  Authorities say three boys have died after falling through ice on the Sandusky River in north-central Ohio.

The boys were last seen playing Sunday afternoon outside a home in Rice Township a few blocks from the river. Authorities received a call just before 1:30 p.m. that the boys had fallen through the ice.

Sandusky County Sheriff Kyle Overmyer says divers found the boys in the river and they were taken to local hospitals, where they were pronounced dead.

Overmyer has identified the boys as 8-year-old Jay'Den Taylor-Everett, his brother, 9-year-old Da'Vontae Everett, and 11-year-old Rafel Villanueva, all of Fremont, Ohio.

It was not immediately clear what led the boys to walk onto the ice. The sheriff's office is investigating.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks Scott,

Our prayers go out to the families.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

joshua

• View Profile
please watch your kids i was fishing on a local pond and there was 2 kids sledding down a hill on to the pond no there to watch them. when i got on the ice they stopped and came over to me to see what i was doing so i gave them each a pole and let them ice fish for the first time they loved it they they each got some bluegill and a bass and they let me keep the bluegill worked out for me to

let it freeze

• View Profile
My prayers go out to the familys as well I have a 6yr daughter can't amigin what they are going though.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You just never know with kids. They get an idea sometimes and it's all impulse. I agree, I couldn't even imagine this happening, nor would I want to. No one should have to outlive their kids, especially under these circumstances.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake