Ice Fish Ohio Forum

reel weeds

joshua · 14 · 6680

joshua

• View Profile
Has anyone used reel weeds? I would like to know if they work it seems like a good idea i just want to know before i buy.

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Used on a aqua view last year worked real well but have to keep in the water if it is really cold due to freezing
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

joshua

• View Profile
thanks, i think i am going to try them  this year i will post what i think about them.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I think they would work. let me know how they do. I would think if you are in a basin that has no weeds it would bring the fish in. Seems like a great product.

keep us updated.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishohio.com
Vexilar
Hat Cam
Clam
Jason Mitchell
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

joshua

• View Profile
aqua vu has some that are cheaper weed ez $19.99

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Have you ever tried making your own? I have a green hula necklace that I am thinking baout converting into a weed type structure.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

joshua

• View Profile
thats a good idea i was thinking of using fake ivy vines with a weight at one end and a float at the other

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
You can make your own with green garland for a christmas tree.  I have reel weeds and they do work well, it just takes patience for them to draw the fish in, I'll set them up and leave it alone for an hour or 2, come back and bluegill and crappie will be in there.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
FIreFish and I were talking about this exact same thing on Indian Lake the other day during the demo. We have a fabric store going out of business in Bellefonatine and I was thinking about getting some scraps from them or just buying some material and cutting it into strips, then tying the strips onto some braid with a sounder or big egg sinker to keep it in place. Wouldn't take up any space really and would be nice out there in the barren wasteland... perch are crazy about structure and crappie would relate really well also.... We'll have to see what next season brings, I'm not taking on this project until summer.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

JustNutts

ill just cut you guys some weeds out of Lima Lake and drop them off to ya.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Two words for ya Russ... Christmas Tree
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
OK Guys I tried this today. We took two 10 foot strands of Garland (OK christmas tree) put a heavy ubolt clamp in the center tied a dog chain to it and dropped it in 7 feet of water. The camera showed no fish and two hours later still no fish but dam it looked so good. The problem we have is it was 6 degrees so when we pulled it up it instantly froze (hazard of wisconsin). We will try some more (it should thw by April) and i will keep you posted, honestly i belive it will work just a bad day. Be safe our prayers are with the three youngsters families, and teach a child to fish. Dave

Vexilar