Ice Fish Ohio Forum

hot bait for the eyes

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Fished indy yesterday in the snow and today, did real good on the eyes but only with one color. I fished 1 hole with the same color for 2 days and in the other hole i tried sweedish pimples to every size and color vib e I have, the other hole out fished the change 8 to 1 caught 4 saugeyes both days (biggest one pushed 5lbs) on the average the others were 17-18 inches. The color you ask, its the one the dont have any more of , just kidding yellow and orange in any combo. Where I cant tell, I will tell this the eye bite on both days only last about 45 min in the evening when they shut off its over. Saw the bait fish move in with the aid of the vex and the eyes followed, when they moved out nothing and I mean nothing. during the bite 1 guy had a double on and a guy right in front of him had 1 on. Good luck!

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Can't tell where! That's really dirty man! I hope you're able to stay on them!

It's great that we're getting in such great fishing this year! The temps look to stay low for demo days and beyond!

Good fishin'

RatherBe
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
the area is around pony island. its a good walk from parking. Thats the problem why i didnt want to tell. I have to get there when eveyone else is leaving at lunch time just have a parking spot for the evening bite. I haven't been able to find a good panfish area to kill time while I wait for the eyes to move in. Unlike Dunns and other areas they move in and out so fast here you got to be there from 3-dark just to be safe.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The bite was great on Berlin before the warm up with firetiger vib-e's and firetiger jigging raps, both lures tipped with a minnow head on the rear hook.  Bite was on North of Rt. 224 bridge.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar