Ice Fish Ohio Forum

good ice anywhere

crv423 · 7 · 3919

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
has anyone found good ice anywhere ? ???
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
It is raining now but this morning there was still 5 inchs of good ice where I fish at on Nimisila.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
There is good ice at indian as of yesterday
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

JustNutts

Im down here in Morrow county this weekend, drove through alum on the far north end, mt gilead, and knox lake- all looking kinda rough, its just been pouring rain all day.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
As of this morning at about 9:30 the ice at Moundwood was inaccessible. The bank has receded to about 2 feet and you'd have to make a plank crossing to get on suspect ice just off the bank. I would not attempt to go anywhere on the souther area of the lake. There may be enough ice out there to support you, but there isn't any way to get on it safely.

I didn't check the north end (Long Island/north fork, or around the game reserve), but I have heard that the banks are in a little better shape in a couple of those areas.. I have not seen this for myself, but I can tell you that after the last couple of days with the rain and the wind we've gotten, plus the high temps, I wouldn't trust any of the banks. Especially after seeing moundwood with it's banks open and the channel opening up back toward the ramp.

The good news is....

There was still a good bit of ice left on the main lake, and at the channel mouths, and the lake has gotten back up to normal pool and above (at the spillway.) So after the upcoming cold snap we should be in good shape depending on what the static temperatures are through the remainder of the week. Ity looks like single digit lows on toward the weekend, and we'll be growing ice again after tonight. (Sunday night).

Be safe!

Good Fishin'

RatherBe

Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

g

• View Profile
Ice at Dunns was only about 3 inches thick yesterday and deteriorating. Northfork still had 8 inches Thursday but hard to say after today. Still caught 4 eaters at Dunns on 3/16 blue & silver vibe.

bf1976

• View Profile
fished misquito last night "on the north end " and had a good six inches, but stay at least 100 yards away from the opening in the causeway.

Vexilar