Ice Fish Ohio Forum

First time on Buckeye

g · 7 · 4326

g

• View Profile
Fished Buckeye for the first time 2-11. Parked at Fairfield Beach and went past the island. Fished in 11 feet of water. Caught 1 3lb. saugeye, 1 throwback & 1 10.5 in. crappie all on a gold Phoebe with a whole crappie minnow. A lot of lookers but not many bitters. My 2 buddies caught 2 & 1 keeper eyes. Got there about 3:30 and fished until dark. Will definately have to try it again.

fool4fish

• View Profile
Good job g I fished 12-4pm nobody else seemed to do good in 7 so I opted for 11-12 range I don't know about the group in front of the hills point but they kept moving out so im guessing it was the same managed two legal keeps one throwback and lost a decent one at the hole gold blue and orange baits produced best just wanted to share results
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

g

• View Profile
Good job fool4fish. We stayed where we stopped. I was in the 1 man clam beside the shappel. Had the snowmobile parked beside us. Enjoyable afternoon. Will have to try it again soon. Thanks for your report. Heard earlier in the morning there was a decent saugeye bite. The people in closer were catching panfish.

fool4fish

• View Profile
Hey g thanx for the reply I got some new ideas to improve on what I've had luck with I let u know how it goes ill be out all day sat yeah I agree with what u heard I've abounded evening bite all my fish been caught 12-5pm I hope to bring my brother sat if so ill be in a camo ap ameristep popup blind I run 4 polar ice tipups black sled if u wanna stop by blue Wal-Mart bucket too that should help names chris

g

• View Profile
I get to go to Erie this weekend. Hope you do good.  Grant                                                       

fool4fish

• View Profile
Hey man good for you makin the drive isn't a problem for me its equipment and lake knowledge but I did both sat and sun at buckeye wind was brutal but sat was best fished 12-6 ended up with two wipers two keeper eyes four throwbacks sun not as much action but nicer fish two keeper eyes one throwback gold was the color 11-12ft range seen a lot of 22" plus fish caught prob my last outing if this thaw continues :(

g

• View Profile
Good job fool4fish. Made it to Erie Sat. afternoon and caught a 3 lb. & a 7 lb. eye. Wish we would have gotten there earlier. May hit Erie again tomorrow and I am going to try Buckeye sometime this week.

Vexilar