Ice Fish Ohio Forum

new to me private lake near mount gilead called candlewood

fool4fish

• View Profile
Asking for some insight guys anyone know anything about a private community lake called candlewood near mount Gilead anything at all caould help thanx in advance
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
I hear it's more of a private religious community. I had a friend who lived there for a minute. I know they will not let people hunt or fish but this was 15 yrs ago.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Is it the camp ground lake, if so its full of catfish, I've camped there with the family. I'm pretty sure it's called candlewood.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

CFosterI

• View Profile
Candlewood is a private lake in a gated community outside of Mt. Gilead, Ohio. You have to own property or know someone who does to gain access. You may be able to fish the lake if you are staying at the campground but I am not sure. I live in Cardington and have fished it before when I knew people that had property there. It is a good fishery, Walleye, bass, gills, crappie and catfish.

fool4fish

• View Profile
foster is correct i was able to see the stocking list has perch too on the homeowners associations website but im really wondering if anyone would know if there is a way to gain a depth map of any type maybe ill ask on a knew post
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

Vexilar