Ice Fish Ohio Forum

bass fishing unwritten rules

LOST TACKLE

• View Profile
 this is a long read that everyone should think about

this has been a year of playing dodge other fisher man on indian lake and that is nothing new on any given saturday tourny but after reading an artical from B.A.S.S.  i realized that maybe i should voice my thoughts as well. i am not no big dollar tournament angler but i fish the small local deals every week and it seems that no one has the respect of the next guy. this last sturday i had a guy start fishing right towards me on a small section of gravel and just be for he arived i missed a fish and was fixing my rig and as soon as i got up he shuts down and starts fishing toward me and all i did was shake my head and i believe that he was fishing with his son who i would say was in his tewenties and i did not want to look like an asshole being a young buck myself because i started out as a no body and have now gained restect from the other locals. lets all take time to respect the other guy out there and give them some distance not two or three boat lengths. so as of now if you are on a certain lake and start getting to close i am going to voice my thought and it will not be very kind. i have went on long enough and lets keep it a gentelmans sport and respect the other guy whether he be a bass fisherman bullgill, crappie , or bank fisherman.

here is the artical from bass

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/jvd-violates-unwritten-rule

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I feel your pain. Guys do not respect anyones water anymore. It has become such a problem that i think guys think that its the norm and start doing it themselves.

My partner and i always try and respect someones water. We always offer to go around a on coming boat first or move to the opposite bank.

Keep treating people right and everything will work out. Don't let them effect your mind set because it will only bring you down mentally. This will cause you to lose fish and miss the money.

Good luck this summer and thanks for the post.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar