Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Last night's chat--have a question

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Ratherbe posed an interesting question in another thread.  The 2 of us couldn't make the chat last night but I was wondering if anybody asked.  Here's the question:

Does feeding have the most direct impact on the movements of panfish and walleye throughout the ice season?

I would think it does, same as soft water, but that's a good question.  I know on Berlin the walleye will be on 1 spot for a week heavy, then vanish, and you really have to hunt them down.  It can be frusturating.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
It would have been nice to have some sort of transcript since Jason is a Legend and I'm sure he answered some good questions that those of us who couldn't make it would like to read about...

just sayin...

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ILFisher and I work together and we both got on last night around 3:15am to check!
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
i have to see how we can save the chat so i can post it the next day.

I will keep you posted.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

OldSailor

• View Profile
Dave, I have a question about chat. Last night was the first time I was able to participate and had other things I needed to do, so a transccipt would be great because I'm sure I missed some great questions/information! My question pertains to asking questions. Last night with Jason on, it was well attended and I was wondering if you would prefer us to send "question" and wait to be called. The reason is I'm a "chicken" typist and it can take me awhile to get a question typed up! It would be nice if there were a QUESTION button we could hit when we are ready, and then send the question when called on, or does that already exist?? If so, how does it work?? Thanks and that was great last night!! :)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
dude thats funny,  use  shift+?   ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I will be getting the transcripts from the server for this one to place for all members to read.

I think Snowcone hit it on the Head about how to speed it up. 

In the future we can use the shift key with the question mark and i will know that someone has a question and put them in line.

I spoke with Jason last might and he said that he has done around 3 chats and we were the only one that he was able to answer all the questions because we gave him time and the questions came in order.

He thought we all asked good questions and will join us again anytime.

Thanks for making the chat great.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

OldSailor

• View Profile
dude thats funny,  use  shift+?   ;D
Here's more funny then. I meant one that we could hit if I were pre-typing something because if I typed "?" it would appear in the box where you type your questions/comments. It 's not that bad to type the word "question" and send it, but then I would need to immediately start typing my question/comment and that is what I meant. It would be nice if I could "pre-stage", or just tell Dave to give me a "grace period" to type after "?". That's nice shorthand and I'll use it from now on dude!! ;D Now do you understand my question better ??? Sorry I'm not a whiz on the computer like others on here! My most sincere apology and glad I could prove some humorous relief while waiting for ice!! LOL.. ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

OldSailor

• View Profile
I could (and might) open 2 windows for IFO, one to type my question, the other to type "question" or "?"!! Now is THAT funny or what ??? ;D

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
you could always type what you want then copy it. then erase what you typed and type
''?'' and enter it. when it is your turn then paste the question and enter it. Just copy and paste. Its not that hard. all you have to do is highlight your text, left click on the mouse and select copy. to paste all you have to do is left click and select paste.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

OldSailor

• View Profile
you could always type what you want then copy it. then erase what you typed and type
''?'' and enter it. when it is your turn then paste the question and enter it. Just copy and paste. Its not that hard. all you have to do is highlight your text, left click on the mouse and select copy. to paste all you have to do is left click and select paste.
I can copy and paste with the best of them!! ;D The dual window would work also, but it would show me logged on twice and logged off twice. If I can make the next chat, I'll see how it goes. I don't want to slow it down!! Thanks!! ;)

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
You don't really need to log in twice to have something down to copy from.  Open up any Word application or even an email and just type your question there until it's your turn to ask.  Then just copy and paste it...  OR we can send our questions to Dave who then can figure out his own pecking order for the questions.

OldSailor

• View Profile
You don't really need to log in twice to have something down to copy from.  Open up any Word application or even an email and just type your question there until it's your turn to ask.  Then just copy and paste it...  OR we can send our questions to Dave who then can figure out his own pecking order for the questions.
That's what we had been doing, but I think he wanted to establish some kind of order to a chaotic chat with Jason on it!! ???

Vexilar