Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Pure Torture

Bonecrusher

• View Profile
Working a 12 hour shift today... waiting to hit the ice tomorrow... Brand new Marcum, A spot I have never fished, and all day to fish. As I sit at my desk I am trying to come up with every possible excuse to leave today. I don't think I will survive through the rest of this day! I gotta go fishing!
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I understand, as I run my plow route I keep seeing frozen lakes and ponds with no fishermen on them.  They keep calling my name!!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Bonecrusher

• View Profile
If I had a shanty with Wi-Fi I would be set lol
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I set my shanty up this season with wi-fi for my tablet. ;D I have a wifi hotspot on my smart phone that I use at work on job sites for easier access to emails and such. When I was working on my shanty a few weeks ago at home I was thinking about using it on the ice. I ended up getting a mount for my tablet that is made for motorcycle handle bars. I was worried that it wouldnt work well because my otter flip over has square tubing instead of round but it does work quite well. Now I can watch grumpy old men on netflix while catching fish.  ;D
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Dude, that is awesome!!!!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Bonecrusher

• View Profile
Hardwater you are my hero. I thought I was going in style when I picked up a hand held weather radio with a wind up crank.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Its all about comfort. the more comfy you are the longer you will stay and the better you will fish. when you are uncomfortable and miserable you just want to go home and are not focusing on the fish and how you are fishing. The next thing to do is figure out how to put a nice recliner in my flip over. I am a very mobile fisherman and drill holes all day and stay on the move but I would love to live up north where I could have a permanent shack with a bunk and satellite tv and a recliner for for lazy days. If I had a permanent I dont think that the wife would see me until spring. lol

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I want one too. Watched Grumpy Old Men this afternoon!

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Im hitting berlin tomorrow and plan on fishing the road bed. Im going to run my tip ups as well so I dont think Ill be moving off the road bed much so Im just going to set up shop and jig and deadstick while I watch grumpy old men tomorrow

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Heu hwj,let me know how it goes @ berlin im gonna try to hit the road bed on mon before the warm up
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
DFished Mille Lacs the last two seasons and it was great.If it wasn't so far away we would buy a permanant shack an pay for storage and set up. One heck of a good time.   :D

g

• View Profile
be nice to live where i needed a permanent shelter. i'd make big enough to store my snowmobile in it in summer then pull it with my sled in winter. what a beautiful dream.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Here is a picture of the mille lacs shanty,complete with beds,toilet heater table & chairs,oh and did i forget to mention flat screen tv/dvd and radio,oh and the ice season is a solid 4-5 months long
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's what I want.  Did you guys see the motorized shanties on wheels?  That's what I want!   ;D  I'll try to post their website when I get home!

Team Wilcraft!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Well they have the ice castle fish houses they look like a camper with all the amenities inside but have hatches inside to fish through and hydraulics lower them down level with the ice,they also have the snow bear which is a snow machine shanty unit (very unique)
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar