Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Another new guy

Polkat1

• View Profile
Recently retired and ready to do some ice fishing.  Have missed it most of my life due to being in the Air Force and had only two good locations for it Oscoda, Michigan and Minot, North Dakota.  Look forward to running into some of you. 

Does anyone know of suitable locations around the Dayton area?  Thanks

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
CJ Brown Resivior, Kiser Lake, Eastwood Lake.  Did you fish Van Atton in Oscoda?  Nice Walleyes when I fished there.

Salmonid

• View Profile
Im also in Dayton so look me up when the ice gets here...( iffff...)and Eastwood has so much groundwater, its always iffy ice even when we had a foot at CJ last year but Kiser is good early ice as is Indian lake, some of the local ponds are good also. 
In Near New lebanon on West Rt 35 and am always looking for company...
Salmonid ( Mark)

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome, glad you're here.  Sorry I can't help with Dayton, I'm up around Akron/Canton.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Polkat1

• View Profile
Salmonid (Mark) sounds good will give you a holler when the ice forms.  Hoping sooner rather than later!  Have you ever tried Huffman does it freeze up; it and Eastwood are only a few miles away from my house.  Mike

Polkat1

• View Profile
Optfish; yes I did fish Van Ettan caught some good size perch thru the ice.  Mostly I fished a slew off the Au Sable did really well on large panfish and some good sized pike.   

perchguy

• View Profile
Welcome polkat1 lake loramie is good for saugeye and crappies.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for Joining us Polkat1,

You will be able to hook up with a lot of guy's on the site to fish with once we get ice.

Welcome aboard.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar