Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Guide service

jmsteele187

• View Profile
Hey guys,
I know that a lot of you provide guide services. My question to you is, how do you get started? Do you just put out some ads, and hope some people call so you can share you knowledge of fishing or what?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's what I did.  It's more of a hobby for me, I don't depend on it to make a living.  I do it more for fun.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I am sure you need a license.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
If I remember correctly you do not need a license if you are not on a boat. If you are guiding for money on a boat I believe you need to get your captains license from the coast guard. I know thats the case for erie but im not to sure about inland lakes.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Inland waters are different than Erie.  You're right, for Erie you need a captain's liscence.  But according to the ODNR as of 3 years ago when I checked, you don't need a liscense for inland waters.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar