Ice Fish Ohio Forum

The "Friends of CJ Brown Reservoir' Project #3

lowellhturner

• View Profile
We now have all 3 needed "Green lights" for our project. The meeting is set for March 3rd at 1 PM at the Visitor`s Center at CJ. We will have 1 day to sink ALL the assembled attractors in August. we are asking anyone interested in creating their own "honey holes' or enhancing an existing spot to assemble them and get them to CJ at that date. Christmas trees and cerar trees less than 8 feet tall attached TIGHTLY to cement blocks, compact "figure "8" TIED brush blocks, PVC in cemented buckets less than 4 feet tall, wooden slats in cemented buckets less than 4 feet tall, will all be OK. You build it, we`ll get it in where you want it (within our restrictions). we will also be able to temperarilly store it on the Corps of Enginner`s side very near the Visitor`s Center for approx. 1 week prior. This will be our LAST chance for about 3 yrs...if you can make even 10, we WILL get them where you want them (withiin our restrictions). Let`s LIGHT this candle !

Green Pea

• View Profile
Hello,

I will be willing to help as well. I have three boys.. my oldest is seventeen and he would like to help as well. Keep us in mind. 

I will be at the boat docks Saturday morning trying to catch a few Crappie around sun up sitting by the pumps. My name is Roger.

If you're there, stop and introduce yourself. I'd like to put a face with the names here.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Glad to have you on board, Roger. I have some "honey does' to get "done' tommorow; for what it`s worth a "Friend" PMed me and said he did OK on the outside bend close to the tip of the S Breakwater with a light float and 2 small "glo" ice jigs in about 12 fow. DO be forewarned there are over 40 attractors in that curve lakeside. Might be worth a try. Also, if you can, try to make the meeting March 3rd at 1 PM at the Visitor`s Center just North of the outlet Tower. See you there sir...

Green Pea

• View Profile
Well crud,

Thank you for the tips Lowell but I ended up with unexpected honey doo's Saturday morning so I didn't make it there.

I did get there this morning around 7:30 but had no luck. 1 small bluegill and nothing else.

There was a gentleman there with his son that said he got a couple keepers at day break but that was it.

I'm going to try again later today if I can break away. Fingers crossed.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
The outside turn on the S breakwater is an EXCELLENT spot, especially at dusk and dawn; keep in mind that there will be a possibility of snags. The possibility of walleye is just as likely...

Green Pea

• View Profile
Thank again for the tips....

I ended up making it back over there tonight about a half hour before dusk. I caught two keepers a few minutes before leaving. "White and Hot Pink" ice jig #8 size hook....banana shape jig. First year fishing through the winter and this is a blast.

Hey also, I spoke with a guy named Mark this morning that was there by the pumps on Saturday. He said someone had dropped by and asked if his name was Roger......I know I said I would be there so ....I apologize to whoever it was that stopped to introduce themselves.

CJ Brown IceMan

• View Profile
Roger
Read your post sat morning
So I decided to stop by and see if they were biting
Just out running some errands and wishing I was fishing
Mike

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Tommorow`s the day, hopefully we`ll have company. Thank you, guys.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
As it now stands, as near as we can tell, there are now over 2,000 attractors in CJ...

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
That is exactly what the bathtub needs!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
As it now stands, as near as we can tell, there are now over 2,000 attractors in CJ...

Sounds like we need to add some more ;)
CPRCatfish.com

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Funny you should mention that...hopefully if things go as we are conspiring....eh, `planning` we will have a much easier time now. Hopefully the new baitshop concessionare will be "in on" our `endeavors`...perhaps being way too optimistic, but would LOVE to "splash another 1,000 this yr. Most will be "C" trees, but would also like to build at least 3 more cement rubble/ block/ brick piles. Again, actual assembly will be our "Achilles heel"; if we can get enough `warm bodies` involved, could have them in before Memorial Day in time for the crappie spawn....(evil laughter sound effect here...)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:40:21 AM by lowellhturner »

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
More structure = more places for Crappie to hide to get bigger and bigger and bigger till I catch it :) Don't worry I catch and release :)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Guys, we may now have a good source for OSAGE ORANGE (hedge apple); this stuff will last underwater for 20+ yrs...hopefully we can score many pickup loads of it !

Vexilar