Ice Fish Ohio Forum

I want ice!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Looking back thru my phone at the ice fishing pictures from this time last year, I want ice!  It's end of December and I'm driving to work with a thin cotton long sleeve and my window down. I need to smell the crisp, cold air over a frozen lake and feel the crunch of ice under my feet, all while I hear an auger cutting a hole in the ice.  I'm addicted to ice fishing and need a hard water fix bad!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
Amen to that slab. Have hardwater withdraws . After this rain is through, I will need to mow my grass again. Sick of seeing flies and misc. bugs everywhere. Need ice to cure my depression. Please bring in on soon!!!!

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Don't get excited for this year the El Nino is not budging in South America and until it does the weather pattern will remain the same.  Merry Christmas and hope to see some of you on the ice next year.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
you can't always get what you want,but sometimes you get what you need, :o
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

toadfish

• View Profile
I am with you slab!  I have to get the mower out one more time.  I would rather be pushing a snow shovel or snow blower than a lawn mower.  Damn you el nino!  I just can't wait to hear the crunch of snow under foot, the wirr of the vexilar and the roar of the lantern.  Come on cold weather!  Santa better bring me low temps for Christmas.  65f for this time of year is insanely hot.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Here's your ICE

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I just had a lightning strike real close   :o   here ya go joel this was the day before my 6 gal bucket blew across the lake with my ice scoop close behind.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:57:20 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

toadfish

• View Profile
Go away El Nino!  Christmas eve 2015 before 6 am and the temp is over 50.  It should be 30 degrees cooler.

This season is not looking good at all.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Downthehole

• View Profile
It's slowly getting here....been looking at the NOA ice/snow charts over the past few weeks and the cold is slowly moving south. Once El Niņo calms we'll have ice...
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

z400wolverine

• View Profile
Current Info:

December 26th  2015
Hello all,
    We are open! YAY we finally have ATV safe ice!!!!! We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. The lake did finally freeze over December 18th. December 23rd we checked ice, we have 6inches of ice up to 2 miles out that includes: island/big muskie and to snag any further than this you should plan on doing some checking of ice thickness before venturing out. Yesterday perch were biting on the corner of snag in 30ft water. On the island in 18-24ft there were a mixture of perch and walleyes being caught. Let the ice fishing begin!! See you soon.
 14 hours away,getting closer,lol

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Watching the Minnesota new York game, and they said it was 13 degrees there (Minnesota). Need a couple weeks of that!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Ageeed!  Plus my Vikings won and are back in the playoffs!  ;D  Since the Browns are a terrible pile of 💩 the Vikes are a bright spot!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• View Profile
El nino go away...............come La nina,and soon.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
HH Gary:

I'm ready to post a Nimmy waiting on the ice.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• View Profile
yeah go ahead john,just make something up real good,and well all pretend its real.,and get all excited. :D

Vexilar