Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 10, 2024, 03:49:00 PM

Author Topic: Out of line ?  (Read 5436 times)

byg

• View Profile
Out of line ?
« on: January 05, 2018, 11:13:11 AM »

I don't wont to be out of line, but with parking getting scarce and I'm an hour and some change away. Could some body share the in and outs. Hate to get towed or not be able to fish. PM if ya like. Or   "the figure it out your self" quote will work LOL   

jiggerpro

• View Profile
Re: Out of line ?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 11:19:53 AM »

Although always threats of, in 20+ years of icing on IL, the  Only time I have seen any vehicles towed is when ding dongs blocked a driveway.  All streets are public.  Unless there are state placed no parking signs, you will be OK.   The issue is finding a place without a 500 yard walk to enter the ice at a public place.

byg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 11:38:41 AM »

Thanks,  good to know, appreciate it. I figured if you parked off the street
and partially on the grass people would say your on my property.. I tend to over think things, maybe an easement prevents that

Downthehole

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 01:38:07 PM »

Hi byg,

A lot of folks are fishing North Fork which is where the Miami River enters the lake. There are 3 places to park. I park at Long Island second pull off usually. It’s a short walk to where folks fish. Alternatively, you can drive a little further down Long Island and park on the left just before the bridge.

Parking is a lot better at Moundwood or, Blackhawk Landing.

I can send you a map showing where to park...would that help?

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Tanker593

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 01:39:23 PM »

I live in the northwest Columbus area and I agree.  I did spend 15-20 minutes on the Google maps and the county auditors web site to scope out a few potential parking areas.  (If you use the map function of the website it's easy to search.) If you know the spot you want to hit you may find a few areas that are owned by the state and would be able park at to avoid any issues. The Indian Lake fishing map  is another map I referenced to get some idea as well. I'm staying away from private areas to avoid annoying any of the homeowners.

byg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 11:42:01 AM »

Down the hole I would appreciate it..Tanker, i agree rather not rile the  private land owners. It seems parking is sparse and would'nt want to ruin it for others by not knowing any better and PO somebody.
Thanks again

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 12:44:31 PM »

Parking, this will be the death of icefishing in some areas of Indian Lake unless we find an alternate to access the lake , snowmobile/ 4wheeler or longer walks. It just keeps getting worse every year. I'm guilty of becoming more lazy and wanting to park as close as I can, this is why I'm on the lake by 5am just to have a place to park, unless I know I'm going to moundwood or Blackhawk that had ample parking, I guess the main thing we can do is abide by all the rules and try not to make anyone made, might even give a land owner a few slabs just to have a safe spot to park

wmwhitten

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 01:54:22 PM »

Are you allowed to use 4-wheelers, ect. the Ice should be safe enough now. that way you could park at the boat ramps and head out from there

g

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 10:26:45 AM »

Yes, quads and snowmobiles are allowed on Indian.

Downthehole

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 05:33:48 PM »

Down the hole I would appreciate it..Tanker, i agree rather not rile the  private land owners. It seems parking is sparse and would'nt want to ruin it for others by not knowing any better and PO somebody.
Thanks again

byg - I’ve attached a map showing parking around Long Island....

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

byg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 10:20:07 PM »

Thanks appreciate it
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar