Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lake Winnibigoshish MN

hawgjam · 9 · 10738

hawgjam

• View Profile
Just wanted to toss up the teaser photos...

Had to go to Northern MN this year for good ice.  Sorry guys, the truck was full so no extra invites.  Two trips...One in mid-Jan. and one in mid-Feb.  Jan. was really the best bite.  Limited out on jumbo perch for three days with plenty of big pike and walleye mixed in.  Most walleye in the slot (17in. to 27 in.), but did keep some good eaters.  Pike were really hitting hard too.  Had to toss at least 8-10 really nice pike back to stay at limit.  #3 or #4 Black or purple crushed ice pimples and purple buckshots were just the ticket.  Full minnows most times, but sometimes just the head worked best.    

Feb. trip was a little less successful, but still fun.  Brought home 72 jumbo perch for three days of fishing (2 guys) and a limit of pike too.  Not as many eyes this time, but still got a freezer full of good MN fish.  

Stayed at my buddy's camp out on Sugar Lake most of the time and camped on the lake a couple nights.  Beautiful country.  Little snow this year so we could drive anywhere we wanted to on the lake.  Highly recommend a trip up there if you can.  Going back for open water weekend after opening day.  Hawgjam  

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:33:13 PM by hawgjam »

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Not even right!!!  Glad you had a good trip and caught some fish!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
My brother has made several summer trips up there and always came back with great stories and pictures of great fishing.

Awesome to hear about your ice work up there.  I may have to put a bug in his ear to see if we can go up next season.

hawgjam

• View Profile
I uploaded some photos with that but I don't see them. ????  Anyway, yes, awesome place and fishing like I haven't done in a long time.  Both were great trips.  16 hour cruise from Cincy, but worth it.  Hard to go wrong with any fishing in Northern MN.  It's all good! 

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Very nice. Looks like a fun time. That would be awesome to be able to pull a camper out and stay for several days. That would help alot on the expenses of traveling.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Very Nice trip and thanks for posting them.

If you re-size the pics to 480 by 480 they show up the right size on the site.

I also found this out this year with my iphone pictures that when i email the picture I choose the small size and it sizes it smaller and then save to my computer in that size and it works well.

Just a thought for future pictures. Keep em coming!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Vexilar