Ice Fish Ohio Forum

If you only could have one.........

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
As I sit up at 3 am with the baby, my thoughts go to the ice. If you could pick one ice fishing trip and technique what would it be??

It's tough not to choose Erie, but I'd pick Deer Creek with a buckshot spoon going after slab crappie!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Its really hard to say for me. Only been ice fishing a couple years and I go a lot but it's almost always to indian. I've only been on 3 other lakes on the ice. #1 on my list is to get on Erie someday (if it ever freezes) but there are so many places I'd like to go. I've fished soft water from 100+miles out in the Gulf of Mexico all the way to Alaska. I love going new places. Hopefully I get to ice fish in some cool places in the coming years. But for this year I'd just love to have 5 or 6 inches of good ice on Indian for a couple months.

g

• View Profile
My dream ice fishing trip would be to Fort Peck, Montana. Jigging raps would probably be my lure choice. Fort Peck has good populations of walleye, lake trout and northern pike and jigging raps woulld catch them all.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Mine has to be mudpuppy fishing at Alum creek docks on a dead stick! Oh! Wait a minute I've already done that and it sucks!

I would have to say Erie fishing for walleye with rattle spoons. Like 30 I've only been ice fishing for a couple of seasons so haven't really thought about going farther a field.

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
erie for me with my jigs and gold spoons,   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 I love the spirit of our members! If I could have just one thing it would be a season worth talking about again. A season where everything you guys want to experience you have the chance to do it. Come on old man winter grab hold and don't let go⛄⛄⛄⛄
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Devils Lake, ND

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:15:45 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Ha, I was pondering the same thoughts yesterday, if we don't have good ice soon , I'm considering going NW somewhere to ice fish, maybe Wisconsin or one of the Dakotas

g

• View Profile
Devils Lake is on my wish list too and Amtrack goes right to it. Wonder if they would count my shanty and snowmobile as carry ons,

Panman

• View Profile
Let me tell you guys this, lake Champlain there is no comparison. I'm going in a couple weeks I know where to fish if anyone wants to go hit me up.

toadfish

• View Profile
I can't have just one, here is my list.

Bay of Quinte, Ontario to jig for trophy walleye and sleep on the ice

Devil's Lake, nd for perch again

Lake Simcoe, Ontario for perch again

Fort Peck, MT for perch, walleye, lake trout, pike

Lake Ohae, SD & nd for perch, walleye, pike

Lake Erie a few times a year for eyes & perch.

Lake of the woods, MN for the diverse fishery

Any lake that freezes and has fish willing to bite is fine by me.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:22:15 AM by toadfish »
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I haven't been at this for long myself but am dying to go to Erie. I don't have a snow mobile so I would be walking out. I am hoping this year will be the year.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
dont feel alone greenpea   i have to walk out myself and chomping at the bit to go...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

fool4fish

• View Profile
I thought you were the best yet wolverine but i gonna go a tie between gogebic and cascade monster monster perch is my ice vacation next year doing bago system this yeat
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

Vexilar