Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Update from Wisconsin

davek · 12 · 5491

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Greetings to all Ice is still good up here The friends of Pool 10 had their kids fisheree today with a turnout of 104 children I must say it was an awesome sight to see all those families on the ice. Unfortunately the fish didnt cooperate but im also proud to say my 7 year old Brett caught a 9 inch white bass which was big enough to win overall honors what a sight to see his smile. The moon is full so hopefully the fishing gods will smile favorably on everyone. God bless be safe and teach a kid to fish. Dave

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
That's great Dave! Tell him congrats from Ohio!

Good Fishin'

RatherBe
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks Dave,

I am sure that that made his day and a memory he will never forget.

I really want to focus on kids events next year. Let's start brain storming on ideas, locations and events.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
David
I would love to help you with some ideas Im not sure when ill be back in Columbus it depends on the fishing up here and school for the kids. When im there i stay at my sisters in Westerville so Ill give you a heads up so we can get together and hopefully lay the groundwork. Dave

Team Mac

We would like to help with this....I wonder if we could find someone wit a farm pond to have a kids day on...This way at least we know there will be fish that will bite and it would be safer to have everyone in a smaller area...We could have a safety class first thing then have a kids tourny where all of the kids win something....
 I am sure we hall have enough equipment to furnish rods and such for them...

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
The farm pond and safety course are a good idea up here the tournament was three hours long which was way too long, two would be best, but remember you will draw kids that will have very short attention spans. A lot of the children here wound up playing on the ice. A quick thought my stepdad was a mechanic for Anderson Concrete years ago, its located on Frank Rd in Columbus. When i was a kid it was called Scioto Lakes Fishing Club, I was a member and the fishing there was awesome not sure what they do with it now dad passed away in 1987 I do know someone that works there, the water can be deep but was wondering if anyone lives close that can check the ice, if i recall the southeast lake was shallowest and had excellent crappie fishing back then.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
if its the four quarries at frank and hall they have almost filled in the southeast lake. they are now owned between shelly, anderson, and i beleive the trucking co. and they are marked no ishing.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Thats them its a shame was great fishing my oh my how times change

let it freeze

• View Profile
Check with a Metro Park That stocks fish & allows ice fishn.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I know that the Div. of Wildlife district 3 has a pond for the kids to fish in the summer. There are some really big fish in there too from what I hear. There also the Turtle Pond that only kids can fish in the summer. Maybe the DOW would let us use them if they know that it is to teach kids ice safety. I would love to help out with a kids day. I cant wait until my son gets a little older to take him out.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Well sad day its official ice out here, i dnot think i ever saw it go so fast fished on two feet of ice wednesday yesterday nothing but mush, it was a great season though and it sure was fun sharing it with all of you ill keep in touch as we have a lot of soft water fun too. God bless carry an extra pole this summer and teach a child to fish Dave

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Well it is over but we will have a great year of sof water.

Thanks for all your updates and help.

I will keep you posted on this winters kids events.

David

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar