Ice Fish Ohio Forum

DOOM and GLOOM

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Starting to feel like a inmate on death row,and my sentence will be carried out in a few days,I know sad.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Couldn't agree with that any more. Especially since I never got out on round 1.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Well I guess the bright side is after mid week our Temps plummet again with highs in the mid 20'September and over nite lows in the teens!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It is. We'll get a second round. Last 2 winters just spoiled us. That combined with the busiest winter I've ever had has made for tough ice fishing for me. Then I finally have a chance to go and get sick. Winter to forget so far.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• View Profile
hoping round 2 will be a productive one,can't really remember when the fishing has been this slow.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Finally had what I considered a pretty good day on the ice. Want so bad to go back tomorrow but after hearing of guys going through at 4 different lakes this week, think I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead. Hopefully we'll get another cold snap and get to hit it again.

g

• View Profile
This was my last time out for this round. Watched people go through at Buckeye tonight so the rest of us called it an early night. Hated to since I just caught one of my few keeper saugeyes through the ice. Everyone made it in safe and sound which is the important thing. Come on round two or get warm so we can get the boats out. I'd rather have round 2 butI'll take what I can get.

holehopper

• View Profile
thought yesterday (sat.) was gonna be it for me also,but was able to get on today,so this will do it for me,for now.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
its been a couple good weeks on the ice so if it melts down I wont feel to beat up. only because it means BOAT SEASON is close.   yes  :D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
I agree snowcone. Wish it would either get cold and stay that way or warm up for good. This back and forth makes it harder to get out and fish than it should be.

Saw guy

• View Profile
Were you fishing at papa boos on Saturday G ?

g

• View Profile
Yes I was saw guy. Sorry I got there late and missed you and Andy. At least most of us stayed dry and the ones that got wet didn't get hurt or hypothermic. Did you catch anything John? I saw the nice crappie Andy caught.

holehopper

• View Profile
End of doom and gloom on the horizon. :) ;) :D

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
NW Ohio.  Here comes the 2nd coming :)  10 day forecast: Wed; H 22 L 9, Thu; H 23 L 11, Fri; H 23 L 13, Sat; H 19 L 9; Sun; H 21 L 13, Mon; H 24 L 21; Tue;(2/16) H 29 L 21.

My pond still has ice and the edges re-freeze each night.  Should be back on the ice in 2 weeks.

Just a reminder; while you're waiting for the ice to re-freeze, you can fuel your fishing bug by joining us at the Columbus Fishing Expo this coming weekend.

Come on down and stop by the IFO booth and say hi to Dave, Nate, myself, CRV, Doug, Firefish and everyone working the IFO booth, plus stock up on all your fishing supplies from the numerous vendors that will be there.

Sure to be a great time and even better than last year. ;D
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures