Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Alum Creek Saturday, Nov. 6th, 2010

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Dave and I went to Alum Creek on October 24, and had a pretty weak showing against some deep water crappie. Now there is a score to settle.

I am planning a return trip to the Alum Creek Marina on Saturday, November 6th at 7:00am. This will be a good opportunity in a centrally located fishery, to get to know your fellow members, make plans, and swap stories and ideas. Blow the dust off your ice gear and bring it with you.

Alum Creek is known throughout the midwest as a premier Muskie lake with fish often exceeding 4 feet in five years or less. There are lots of panfish, saugeye, and both Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass. With any luck we'll finally start cooling down and the fish will have a chance to really turn on by this time.

The lake is located about 10 miles north of Columbus and is easy to access from Interstates 70 and 71. The Marina itself is located on the Southwest side of the lake and signage makes it easy to find. Once at the marina there are about 15-20 steps down to the docks, but there are handrails (and usually other people around) to assist you if the need arises.

I hope to meet you there!
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I will be keeping a eye on them and when they move in i will let everyone know and we can plan a get together. I think we need a couple of cold weeks and they will be on.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar