Ice Fish Ohio Forum

losing hope fast

wannafish

• View Profile
is anybody else losing the hope of going ice fishing this year? It is into the new year and its 47 degrees today. last year in my neck of the woods guys were ice fishing 2 weeks before Christmas whats everybody's opinions is it time to put on new ice line or pack the stuff away and get the boat ready....

jumpy

• View Profile
    • www.buckeyefishingcharters.com
She isn't singing yet. Big change in the weather pattern is on its way.
If you jig it they will come!

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Don't give up yet.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Just put the boat away on Monday.  Tuesday put all new ice line on my rods, took 4 hours.  I wouldn't do that if I wasn't confident about the ice coming.  I remember a few years back there was no ice thru last week of January, then it stayed below freezing for 5 weeks straight, even during the day.  Nimisila had over 16 inches of ice!  The weather's changing end of next week.  So far the long term forecast for this winter has been right on.  After Wed things are really supposed to change for the better for us ice heads!!   Hang in there, we'll be making swiss cheese out of ice soon enough!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

perchguy

• View Profile

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
It will come. Just keep the faith
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

turkeyneck003

• View Profile
Patience is a Virtue.........
Gaff its not just for chicken...

g

• View Profile
won't lose hope unless there is no ice by the end of jan. got to keep the faith.

OldSailor

• View Profile
Yea!!! I got to sit sit out on my ice fishing bucket yesterday!!! I got a new seat for it and sat out in the sun in front of my door!!! Pass the sunscreen!! LOL.. I'm hoping the ice man hurries up!! I can only reorganize and reclean jig eyes so many times!! ;D But, my softwater poles are right next to the hardwater stuff....... Darn, I hope you optimists are right!! COME ON ICE!!! ::)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:03:31 AM by OldSailor »
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

Vexilar