Ice Fish Ohio Forum

shreve lake

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
anyone ever fish there? lately? first lake i fished after i graduated from farm ponds. 30 years ago it had monster gills. very few crappies, but the ones you got were giants. the story i got was there were so many weeds the state stocked too many grass carp, got rid of the weeds, the soft water guys fished it out. always had good ice early. might give it a try this year.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Never hurts to check it out. Oldies but goodies. Could be a hot spot.

Keep us posted.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Icebug84

• View Profile
I used to fish there quite a bit years ago. About went for a swim once too when the ice started to sink and water started shooting up through the holes! There is a pulloff there at the bottom of the hill before the dock. If you go straight out from there about 25-30 ft, there should be some stumps under the surface that crappie like to hang around. Then if you go clear across the lake there are lots of stumps and cover to set up on. The problem there is the amish fish that lake so hard and keep everything they catch, so the fish don't seem to get a chance to get very big. If you've got the time, it's definitely worth a shot. I'm sure there are still some big fish lurking around in there.
Kyle

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
thats the spot i used to fish years ago.

Icebug84

• View Profile
I've had luck there in hard and soft water.
Kyle

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
any idea how the ice is? should be good, but i'm just guessing.

Vexilar