Ice Fish Ohio Forum

vibe/spoon rod

Hillbilly

• View Profile
what would be a good length/action/brand for a couple good rippin sticks?
Have never had a good walleye rod, just always got by with what i could find(youd be suprised what a panfish popper can catch...LOL).
Fishing mostly indian, you know what bait works there, what would you recommend.

HB 8)

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
I really like a 28" med. action for eyes, but have always wanted to purchase a longer 32" to 36" rod for hole jumping. I use the 28" because a lot of the time I'm in my shanty. Check with Dave, I know he has a wide selection of Jason Mitchel's for sale.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I like the 28 inch Jason Mitchell rod. I am not selling them this year but they are a sponsor and have a link to there website.

Also, Check out fishusa.com. They have the St Croix which is also a great rod.

Medium action works well for the vibe and can handle the saugeye's at Indian.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

quivr

FishUSA has HT IceBlues 30" med , this is a great rod for walleye , jigging #5 Swedish  pimple lake Erie good hook setting. I put  all my St Croix away to use this 10.00 rod but I still would like to try Jason Michell rods.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I have an old medium action ugly stik that I bought 10 years ago that works great. I think I paid 8 bucks for it. That rod has taken a beating through the years and it just wont break. I think I may buy a new real for it this year for the wingfoot walleyes but ill never get rid of the rod. Im not sure if they make them anymore and if they do im not sure if they hold up to the old ugly stik name but if you find a older one you cant go wrong in my opinion
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Vexilar