Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice making rate chart

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I posted this before under the ice safety board last season but wanted to bring it back up for all of you that haven't seen it. Its not exact but a good idea of how long it takes to make ice.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
hardwater could you make it a little smaller so we can see it lol
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That looks good, I just hope the wind doesn't work against the cold temps.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Just click on the pic and it will enlarge so you can read it

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

deerslayern

• View Profile
Question for u all. after the first inital thin layer of ice, say its 14 degrees with a 15 to 20 mph wind to drop the wind chill or the real feel temp does that effect the ice making process and it will make more ice at a faster rate or no ?
When in doubt test it out.  No ice is safe ice. becareful out there.

Norm Hunitngton Jr

Pro staff
Clam
HT enterprises
frabill
Humminbird

Guide for
New London
Willard
Pleasant Hill

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
It's the real temps.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
That actually seems pretty legitimate.
A lot of guys think 30deg. and going to make an inch in one night... Just not going to happen lol
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
The wind chill does not help the ice grow any faster. It could actually hurt it in the beginning because the wind makes the water choppy and it delays the ice from starting to freeze. Once it does freeze over I do like to see it windy because that will help blow any snow that comes down off the lake. When there is snow on the lake it just screws the ice making up.

Vexilar