Ice Fish Ohio Forum

one of my custom rods

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I definitely didn't invent the fishing rod but I really wasn't sure where to post this. As I was rigging up all my tip ups and jaw jackers for tomorrow I figured I would take a pic of one of the custom rods I built just for my jawjacker. Its a 30 inch solid fiberglass medium power blank with fugi guides and tip wrapped with yellow thread. Did all the custom cork grip myself as well. I choose a fiberglass blank for this rod because I wanted a moderate action rod because of it sitting bent all day in my jawjacker. I normally build most of my rods with solid carbon blanks with a fast action and a good backbone for lifting the fish and a softer fast tip for detecting light bites but figured this would work better for that setup. I'm pairing it up with one of my okama  trio 20 series reels. I really like these reels. They have an excellent drag and work well for both hard water and soft.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Here is another rod I built. Its a 30 inch solid carbon blank light power fast action. Fugi guides and tip top wrapped with black and silver tiger wrap. Did the custom cork handle as well. Made a custom spring bobber for it that is an easy on and off for the type of fishing that I'm using it for. I am ultimately going to pair it with a frabill 241 straight line reel or a black Betty but for now I'm just going to put one of my genz fly reels on it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:32:35 PM by HardWaterJunkie »
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Those look awesome!  I love the handles!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

skunkedagain

• View Profile
I like the handle work. How do you do it? The inlay looks great!

Vexilar