Ice Fish Ohio Forum

All members please read this

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I have noticed it several times lately that the pictures being posted are not being resized. All pics need to be resized before being posted. The correct size for a posted pic is 640 x 480. It is a very simple process to resize your pic. If you are on a computer you can go to a website like resizepic.com. The website will walk you thru step by step on how to do it. If you are using a mobile device you can either set your camera functions to take the pic at the correct size or you can use one of the several free apps to do it for you. When you dont resize your pic it shows up to large on the screen and can not be viewed correctly. Also if its not resized Dave has to take time out of his day to resize and repost your pic. This topic has been talked about hundreds of times yet it still continues to happen. I keep seeing post of how members want this and that to changed about the website but those things will never happen when he has to spend his free time resizing your pictures. Again please resize your pictures before posting them. If you have a question or further instruction about how to do it please message Dave, myself or one of the other moderators here and we will help you out the best we can. Here are some links to resizeing your pictures that I use and there are hundreds of others out there that will suit your needs.

I use  http://resizepic.com/  on my laptop/home computer

I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iudesk.android.photo.editor   on my cell phone and tablet

Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

skunkedagain

• View Profile
I was trying to re-size some pics the other day on the "resize pics" web site. I kept getting an invalid image file error message.
I've used that site before with the same camera and computer and never had a problem. Any suggestions?

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
im not really sure. it could have something to do with the type of file it was. like entering in as a gif and should be a jpeg.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I wouldnt think so. It might be from when you are trying to resize the pic it is changing the format

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I think that the photo needs converted to a a different format. They have a converter on the site also. Not sure if that will work. Let us know.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

skunkedagain

• View Profile
Thanks for the input. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Vexilar