Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Funny and ridiculous excuses to call off work and ice fish

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Hi all. 
Happy ice season.  Was sitting in the shack today and thought it would be fun to see what terrible excuses everyone could come up with to call off work and fish.  I'll start.  Please post any ridiculous thought you have. 

1) water all over floor and waiting on a plumber because my daughter flushed the toilet while I was working on my jigging rapala technique.

2) not feeling well because my tuna casserole was undercooked by my mr heat. 

Born to fish.   No plan B.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Don't have to call off work,retired. :D :D :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Not working tomorrow. Told my boss to take my crew to another job cause I was going ice fishing ;D

Fishingoat

• View Profile
I gotta work.   Got out a little this weekend tho so can't complain.  :(
Thought of a few more tho. 

1).  Spent whole night in ER because I cut my tongue on my auger blade after making auger shaving slushies. 

2) lost and been wandering the lake for 3 days because my wifi on my phone stopped and my navionics ap locked up

3) getting a divorce because I spend more time tinkering with my shack then time with my wife. 

Ok I'm done.  Tight lines all
Born to fish.   No plan B.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I think you win Goat. :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

g

• View Profile
I always tell them I have a sudden case of mental health and I feel to good to go to work so I might as well go fishing.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hahaheheh   I always felt funny trying to make excuses so I just said screw it I'm goin fishin, later suckers  hahahahahahahah 8) 8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar