Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Rod Travel Cases?

moldman

• View Profile
Fellow Ice Fishers,   Still haven't found the perfect travel ice rod case,have a broke tip once in awhile. What case do you use? Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks
Wishing You All Tight Lines and a Limit of Fun

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Guide series makes a nice one that has a plastic tube sewn into it to protect the rods,I think cables makes a similar one,I use them and never had an issue.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

quackpot

• View Profile
I bought two used ones this year and that is the one I bought. I also like the fact that I can put tackle in the side pockets. It won't hold all of my tackle in the walleye/saugeye bag but that is my problem not the bags. I can get 3 or 4 rods in each one, panfish bag holds more. You are more than welcome to check mine if you see me on the ice.

Downthehole

• View Profile
I have the Clam Outdoors Rod Locker, a bit on the expensive side but I'm happy with it...
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I have the Cabelas delux eight rod bag, cost about 30$ , love it and no problems with broken rods. The only time I have broke rods is when I flip the shanty open and closed, always pinch the rods between the poles and ...SNAP

Fishingoat

• View Profile
I don't really use a case unless i go out on Erie where a quad or sled is used.  I use golf club pipes from dicks and cut a notch for the reel handle and use a small bungi to keep it tight. Then just throw them in a bucket handle down.  Looks like a few mortar launchers hanging out.  Dicks sporting has them for $2 a tube.  Just cut to size.
Born to fish.   No plan B.

Garyoutlaw

• View Profile
I just got the Rapala double barrel rod case & am very pleased with everything about it so far.
Will hold up to 8 - 40" rods with reels attached, Very well built with solid PVC tube protection & robust vipers/straps -   $35

Vexilar