Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Humminbird Flashers

Suttalo

• Suttalo
    • View Profile
I never hear much about Humminbird flashers 35,45,55? Any thought or reviews on them? Seems like the ice is dominated by Vex and Marcum. They look really look nice but would like to hear from someone who has/had on.
Thank you
"The spirit of the bow dwells in the hearts of all young men."

g

• View Profile
Hummingbird is a quality company so their ice depthfinders should be quality units. Have never seen one in person but there may be some on display at the fishing expo next weekend. Vexs and Marcums have been on the market longer so they seem to dominate the flasher market. A few of my friends used the Hummingbird LCD ice units and they worked well but they converted to flashers. Hope you find out what you want or get to see one in use.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I know a lot of people switching to Humminbird 45. It is very nice and is cheaper than the vex with same features. Old man has had one for a couple years and he loves it.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

PKAuD

• View Profile
I picked up a 45 this season and love it. All my friends have Vexilars so I wanted to go another route for a flasher. First the screen is massive! It makes it very easy on the eyes. Very easy to use and the features are excellent.  Adjustable zoom in the water column is excellent for suspended crappies. The backlight is very bight which makes it easy to see at night or a dark shanty. Dual beam transducer is great and easy to change the beam by hitting a button. Overall it's a great unit for the money.

Suttalo

• Suttalo
    • View Profile
Sounds pretty positive so far. I have a vex fl8 an anything deeper that 20' I have trouble seeing thin vertical jigs (slender spoons) even on high gain.
How does Humminbirds do with those?
Thanks
"The spirit of the bow dwells in the hearts of all young men."

PKAuD

• View Profile
Unfortunately, I haven't fished in any water over 22 ft this year, but it did just fine in 22 ft. There are a lot of youtube videos of guys using them deep for lakers. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Another great selling point is that the birds operate on another frequency so you can fish right next to a vex/marcum and not get interference. I have a marcum showdown and it was fine. Fished with my buddy who has a fl-20 and no issues.

Vexilar