Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Can it last?

Poll

Will the ice last with the severe weather that is in the forecast?

No. The weather will be too much.
1 (14.3%)
Yes. The ice will be just fine.
6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: December 12, 2010, 10:55:51 PM

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This could be a repeat of last year. With the snow cover and sunshine the ice isn't exactly world class. Will it last?
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

JustNutts

I SURE HOPE SO!! Even with a little rain its gona get REALLY cold again and will make for some GREAT ice!! WOOHOO. The ice everywhere ive seen is fantastic, best ive seen in years.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
CRV fished Indian Lake at Long Island all day yesterday with Team Mac. It had great ice when they started but by the time they left it went from 4 inches to an inch and the spud bar was going through on the first hit. Do not go out on this ice. It is not safe! Please wait until we get 4 or 5 days of ice and then check it. The snow will keep it from growing and it could be bad ice. Please be safe.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
The forecast looks good for freezing temps. but there is going to be a lot of snow. Were sopposed to get up to a foot the next 2 days. The snow doesnt help out things out to much. Ive gone through the ice in the past and dont plan on doing it again. Ill just continue "testing" my jigs in our fish tank for another week or so.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Worst case scenario seems to be playing out... Lots of snow insulating the ice and lots of rain to honeycomb it! The trifecta will be complete if we get the 35-40 mph winds they're calling for. My advice would be to keep clear of open areas at the very least. I will not be on the ice any time in the very near future. Give it a couple of days... not worth a cold bath.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
The snow is piling up here. The wind is blowing like crazy. Hopefully the wind will blow the snow off the ice. I was out plowing last night and the temps. dropped to 9. great ice making weather.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
We have more than 8in of the white stuff here @ work in Kent just since about 5am or so. i sure hope it gets blown off the ice!! i wanna get fishin!!
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I definitely ready. I'm just waiting on my marcum lx-5 to come in the mail. I think my wife is getting tired of me "testing" out new jigs in the fish tank. lol. Im ready to get on wingfoot and get some of those slab crappie

Vexilar