Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Mounting on board charger.

kortis04

• View Profile
Picked up a minn kota 210d on board charger.  Only problem is trying to find a spot to mount it.  Have a tracker pro 17.  Any suggestions or tips?  Can i mount it on the deck in the back of the boat?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I had one of those a while back. If it's the same model boat, I squeezed mine in the battery well compartment in the stern of my boat. If that doesn't work, I would think you could do a deck mount. Those units are waterproof, but I'd just feel safer finding a compartment to put it in, even if I had to fish some wires to it.  Especially if you're going to be storing the boat outside. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

kortis04

• View Profile
How far from the gas tank does it need to be.  I have 2 pretty hefty batteries and the tank back there already?  I thought about possibly mounting it on the underside of the the lid back there.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's what  I did. But I made a bracket that attached to the edges of the lid so there wouldn't be any screws, bolts, or rivets in my compartment lid that were unsightly. The bracket was u shaped and I attached the charger with rivets to the bracket, then the bracket to the underside of the lid.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

kortis04

• View Profile
Talked to minn kota today and they said to not mount it upside down because of the charger not getting enough circulation of air.  Thats honestly the only place i have to mount it though

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I never had a problem with it, I just propped open the lid as far as it would go so the compartment was open wide as it could be. I didn't see the difference from that to it being buried in a battery well with little air flow.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar