Ice Fish Ohio Forum

December 5th

kortis04

• View Profile
I think i saw from december 5th on it will never be above freezing until spring...  correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt that going to start this whole magical ice making process?  Had the shappell out today cleaned her all up....man i cant wait

g

• View Profile

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too. Getting the Clam out tomorrow and firing up the auger. Getting excited to hit the ice!  Can't wait!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

toadfish

• View Profile
Are you sure that forecast is in Ohio? It would be very rare to not get above freezing for a month, let alone until spring.  Forecast from intellicast in my area (Grand Lake St. Mary's) for December 5th calls for a high of 47 and a low of 34.  I wish that was the case since I am itching to walk out on some hard water to catch some fish!
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I just checked AccuWeather (not always reliable, I know) but they had a disappointing forecast.  Only 2 days thru December 26 with temps below freezing all day. Many days with lows in the 20's but highs in the 40's. Hope that's wrong, if not might not be on ice til after Christmas.  >:( :( :'(
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
 I don't get too excited about the weather forecasts whether good or bad.they are rarely right. Take Monday for example.opening day of gun season and they are calling for rain, but it's already changed a couple times and is bound to again. Hope it's dry but if not that's why we buy high dollar rain gear and oil our guns. I'll be out either way.
 Ice will get here when it gets here, but I'm glad I hunt. It keeps me entertained while we wait ;D

kortis04

• View Profile
Should have clarified those are lows at night...lol sorry

Downthehole

• View Profile
Seems to be a lot of speculation in weather forecasting world at the moment. This is one of the more promising reports on 2015/2016 winter weather:

http://wxedge.com/2015/09/15/winter-2015-2016-weather-forecast/

Let's hope these predictions are right...

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

MEKlukow

• View Profile
Everything I've heard says that it's supposed to stay warm until close to Christmas but then get FRIGID and stay that way much later into the year than usual

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
"Everyone talks about the weather,but no one doe's anything about it".Mark Twain. ;D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah the weather keeps us all jumpin, but last year we were on ice in jan , my wish list is rooting for spring ......just sayin.....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Skin ice on the pool this am but forecasting 65 deg next sat..... Grrrrrrrr

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I winterized my rig in mid november,wishing now i would have held off. >:(
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

crappiehunter

• View Profile
hit up the spillways....don't need a boat for those and atwood has always been good to me during the late fall/early winter

Vexilar