Ice Fish Ohio Forum

helix 5 flasher mode?

kortis04

• View Profile
Anyone ever used this on the ice?  I was thinking about trying it out this year.  Anyone know if its a certain transducer or what i need to do?

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
if its like my garmin 50dv  I just have my ducer on a flexible rod attatched to the box I carry it in with batt... I have a flasher mode but I like using the a scope mode where I get real time on the right side of my screen and still see sonar . it works great on the ice .
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 05:47:08 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Rick,what kind of battery are you using?I assume it's 12 v and light weight.I shorted out my lawn tractor battery this fall(reversed polarity while charging)I know dumb,so I am looking for something light to power my crappie night light.Thanks.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey guy wally world has 12v batts in the hunting section  and then also I use my cordless drill batts , there smaller and last pretty long usually need 2 to run my garmin all day...and I know what you mean about hooking up those charge cables backwards I have done it myself..duh...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• View Profile
I typed in wally world and a amusement park came up,are you meaning walmart? :D    ok found one at batterysharks,4.5lbs.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 06:30:20 PM by holehopper »
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yeah wal mart and a lot of other stores carry the portable batteries you use to power feeders or for external batteries on trail cams. Rural King had them on sale last time I was in there but I don't remember how much. Just noticed em because they look just like my lowrance portable battery.

holehopper

• View Profile
ok thanks,I only need one big enough to light 7 or 8 small led bulbs.found one on ebay for less money and free shipping,done deal
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:40:08 PM by holehopper »

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I think it should work with the high speed trans. I love my helix 5 for open water!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Vexilar