Ice Fish Ohio Forum

more new toys have arrived (reels)

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Just got some new ice reels this week. They're made by 13 fishing, same company that makes black bettys. They're a baitcast style reel designed specifically for ice fishing. They feel really smooth and like they'll be great on the ice. Can't wait to give them a try. Anyone else try them?  Here's the link to their page: http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=13-Fishing-Black-Betty-Teardrop-Inline-Ice-Reel-Right-Hand&i=747752&r=view&cvsfa=2586&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=373437373532&gclid=Cj0KEQiA4qSzBRCq1-iLhZ6Vsc0BEiQA1qt-zn7ihqDxaZ-ksrS3YHhsG0s6PM0KXjhefYf8phit9QcaAgWs8P8HAQ
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Very Purty Lookin Reels
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I looked at those pretty hard. The price tag scared me off. But let me know how you like them. There's always next year

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I got one last year (teardrop) never used it.Thought it would be nice for deep water fishing,found it to be a bit heavy,I like to go light for panfish,I got the left hand retrieve,you may like it though. :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:32:37 PM by holehopper »
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

g

• View Profile
They look really nice. Keep us updated after you field test them.

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I gave one away at my Seminar in West Chester...more giveaways tomorrow at Cabelas! 11AM
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Will do. I'll be putting line on them this weekend. Got a couple medium action st Croix rods to go with them. Plan to use them for spooning crappies over a little deeper water. The heavier reels work better for that.  One of the pair might actually make it on one of my Jason Mitchell walleye rods. I'll keep you posted.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I got a stick  ::)  hehehe with string  ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 09:17:15 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
And I've seen that stick and string pull some great fish thru the ice!  ;D

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey joel  ;D    everyone has some cool new stuff  hope ya get to use them this year.  ???    man I'm prepping my boat again hoping to get out again around x mas.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Downthehole

• View Profile
I've had some new toys delivered early from Santa:

- Runner kit for the sled
- Carry bag for Little Buddy Heater
- Another Frabil Black Ops Rod
- Whistle
- Bait Box
- Random Tungsten Jigs
- Auger Cover

My ice fishing set-up is pretty much complete....yay!
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

holehopper

• View Profile
Downthehole,I hate to tell you this,but your gear inventory will never be complete,am i right guys?  :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You know it. Just got one of those Frabill fanny pack type tackle belts with the built in hand warmer. Looks like it'll be perfect for hole hopping. Your bait and some lures will fit in there perfectly. Can have hands free to carry rid and vex with no problems or running back to shanty for bait.

Team Wilcraft!

holehopper

• View Profile
Slab,that sounds very useable,may i ask where you found it? thanks.

Vexilar