Ice Fish Ohio Forum

disapointment

bigbob · 6 · 3757

bigbob

• View Profile
dont know how many more times i will drag myself out to shreve lake....not even completely frozen over yet but good ice on the south side... to not catch anything. i have been posting all over craigslist askin for permission to fish even offering fresh ice cold clean fillets in exchange for permission i got no response. and asking everyone i know if they know of some small farm ponds that i dont need to drive an hour to fish. i work till 230 and its not worth it to drive an hour to fish for an hour then drive an hour home to be late for dinner. dad knew where all the good back wood strip mine ponds where but he is gone now. just gettin a little frustrated.
fish ON!!!!

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Good luck with your search. Take a look at google earth to maybe find some of those out of the way ponds.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

jmsteele187

• View Profile
Do you work around people?  I repair guitars at the local guitar center and see quite a few people everyday.  The other day an old timer came in to have his banjo restrung.  As he was standing there, in order to avoid awkward silence, I started talking about ice fishing and asked if he liked to fish too.  Although, he wasn't much of a fisherman he entertained the conversation.  After about 20 minutes of talking about whatever, the man tells me that he has an acre and a half farm pond that no one ever fishes and he gave me permission to go out there anytime.  Now I'm going to talk to all my walk in customers about ice fishing.  I figure one of three things will happen; they'll be bored to death and go look around the store, they'll give me permission to fish their private pond, or I find a new fishing buddy or maybe introduce someone new to the sport.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
If the weather stays good I would like to hit the back waters in Coshocton on the public hunting grounds they have some nice gills out in some spots just gotta find them think there are crappie also.

bigbob

• View Profile
i work in a factory. see the same people everyday. but i think i did get a lead on one small pond but its spring fed so not gonna get very thick any time soon.
fish ON!!!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's a good idea.  I did that several times and ended up finding some nice little ponds to fish in.  Full of gills and bass.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar