Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Mini sled packed!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Always go light on first ice. Never take the full shanty, just a mini sled with the bare essentials. Vex, hand auger, seat, and some lures and my safety equipment. I'm all packed and ready!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Downthehole

• View Profile
Always go light on first ice. Never take the full shanty, just a mini sled with the bare essentials. Vex, hand auger, seat, and some lures and my safety equipment. I'm all packed and ready!!

I'm ready too...did some finishing touches on my sled on Sunday....all packed! Just need ice and a bait shop and I'm there...
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
agreed travel light and swift on first ice, be the ninja, use the force  heheheh  .....dont forget to keep x tra   clothes in the truck  just in case ya get wet
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Already packed!!  Even underwear and socks.  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

quackpot

• View Profile
I've had mine in the truck for a week. Don't forget all of the safety equipment! I made a place to set on my smitty sled, I may use it for early ice. Any thoughts?

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That'd be a good idea. I do have all the safety equipment in my clam chair. The sled would be a good way to pull your stuff without much weight.

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Besides the spare clothes, I always carry a towel to dry off before putting on the dry clothes. The clothes I take are looser fitting , like sweatpants, so they are easier to get on. Good luck and stay safe and dry.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good idea on the towel. I will be adding one to the truck!! 👍

Team Wilcraft!

bucknuts

• View Profile
Great ideas....nice thread
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

Vexilar