Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 18, 2024, 02:48:28 AM

Author Topic: SAUGEYE AND CRAPPIE REPORT PLEASE  (Read 12543 times)

JustNutts

SAUGEYE AND CRAPPIE REPORT PLEASE
« on: February 03, 2011, 07:40:01 PM »

May be first time out this weekend, could use a good report please. PM's are fine too (firefish)

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SAUGEYE AND CRAPPIE REPORT PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 08:53:53 PM »

Russ if you are going to come over I will only be able to fish sunday if you want saugeye gold pimples and silver with red pimple are working well as far as panfish I have not fished them in a week
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 11:14:18 AM »

Was out yesterday.  Blackhawk was a ghost town.  Blew 30+ holes caught one 4inch perch. Hardly any marks at all.  Open water still at the points and ice toward the open water about 5 in. Rest of ice seemed fine.  Ice crust on top of snow makes for interesting walking as you occasionally break through and drop 5 inches to hit the "real" ice.  Long island area gave up 3 eyes and lost a couple more at the hole.   Red and yellow vibe, silver pimple trimmed in orange seemed to attract most and had alot of good marks. I don't think i have my saugeye game face on yet due the fact that thus far they have been few and far between.  Finally started to get my "eye hand" back which felt good.  Did hit one on a dead stick with a minnie and lost it at the hole. 5 ft of water.  I was mad because i bought 100 spikes to chase the panfish for a while. I forgot because I haven't been to indian in a little while that I ALWAYS have good luck on mousies and walk was too far to go back and hit the bait store.  As expected panfish bite was so so lots of lookers.  Anyone else have similiar luck with mousies out there?  Seen alot of days last year where i would mark fish and they wouldn't hit a spike, same jig with a mousie and they would nail it. Crappie and gills alike....
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:21:58 AM by hardwateraddiction »
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

MW-Fishing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 04:39:16 PM »

Good thing you didn't hike back hardwateraddiction, because I'm pretty sure most of the bait stores around Indian Lake don't have mousies this year due to a bad hatch. At least that's what the owner of basspro bait store told me earlier this ice season. I do agree with you though, it seems the panfish hit better on mousies @ Indian.

let it freeze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 06:20:54 PM »

So you are tell us it's not worth driving 1 1/2 hrs. to catch dinks.Not to be a smart a$$ I'm just fustrated that everytime i go icen I spend alot of gas for nothing.But in realitly I know that is what makes this sport a realitly.That is why I still spend the money to Fish.I need keepers not dinks! Mid winter fishn they call it!.

JustNutts

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 07:15:19 PM »

Good report guys, the way firefish is blastin pictures up I was thinkin they must be jumpin outa the hole for him or somethin haha. NICE FISH THOUGH FIREFISH!! Sorry i cant win all the online tournys or be any competition for you this year.

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 04:56:26 AM »

I drive 1 hr 15 min to Indian and am going back today.  Dinks..yea that's it! Dinks!  ;-)  hardly worth the trip....everyone stay away!  :-)
Black Frabil Trekker flip up shanty and I'm in 4 max camo if anyone is out there today catchin' "Dinks"  say hi
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

megan66

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 03:38:18 PM »

Lots of small saugeyes, hitting good. Will be a super bite next fall and winter.

I've taken a few keepers everynight this week. 16-19" fish. 3 to 4 dinks for every keeper.

Also losing a lot of good fish this year because they've came unhooked? Anyone else having this problem?
I've been losing one to two fish every time out. Sharp hooks, drag set well, still losing good ones!
Been using pimples 3 -4's.
Gold being best.
Happy fishing.

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 12:41:26 PM »

Had 3 come unbuttoned on saturday...glad I'm not the only one. I figured i just needed to set the hook more aggresively kinda like my buddy who you think he's gonna rip a hole in the top of shanty everytime he sets the hook.  I used to make fun of him...not so much lately as he has been landing em!

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 05:33:22 PM »

Anyone going out Sunday?
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 09:55:51 PM »

think I will go Sat morning or may hit CJ Brown it is closer.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 09:02:09 AM »

I don't need a saugeye report, but wouldn't mind... anyhow, I need some help with panfish.  That's all, panfish.  I am trying to get my girlfriend on the water but I have no idea where to take her so she can catch fish.  I've only been on the ice on Indian one time so any PM's or other comments are greatly appreciated.
Oh BTW we are fishing Sunday...

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 04:26:29 PM »

We will start at dunns pond around 8:00. We'll have a clam shanty and a frabill shanty. If you see us stop by. You may have to park at moundwood and walk over.

www.quickfishtipup.com

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »

steve, might go.  ill let you know by tom.

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 08:52:06 PM »

Any report for today?

www.quickfishtipup.com
Pages: [1] 2

Pages: [1] 2
Print Print

Vexilar