Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Sonic Ice Hopper

OIM · 8 · 7720

OIM

• Manager of Retail Operations with Sportsmen's Dire
    • View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
I just brought this home, so can't wait for ice to hit. This thing is a 100% made in the USA even the buckets.It is made by Sportsmens Direct up in Michigan.

I will be doing a full run down on the features of this hole hoppin machine here soon.

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045
In the heart of the action on Lake St. Clair

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Those are really cool. I am always hopping from hole to hole. I almost bought one last year but never heard enough feedback on them. I think I may order myself one in the next few weeks.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I know that the pro's use them and it makes them mobile.

It also offsets the battery from the unit so it is weighted evenly so it is more stable when carrying it.

I think IOM is going to post some more photos and can explain the unit better.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

OIM

• View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
Those are really cool. I am always hopping from hole to hole. I almost bought one last year but never heard enough feedback on them. I think I may order myself one in the next few weeks.

The design of this whole rig is very well thought and there is nothing even close to it on the market. I will be putting together something here soon on all the features. There is more to this unit then meets the eye at 1st glance.

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
It looks awesome but it's a bit pricey for a couple of buckets and a sonar bracket.  Let's see more pics when you have a chance, OIM.

OIM

• View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
I want to say sorry for all grammar and spelling errors or missed used words I got football on the brain GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!
1st lets start with the buckets. The marker of this whole rig went through a lot of trouble to find two buckets that would nest together prefect and not get stuck together and also give the perfect sitting height.On top of all that he wanted to make sure it was USA made.

The lid that is on my unit had seat that uses two different types of foam so your butt feels good while fishing. The lid also has a opening cut into that you can use has a hatch and through fish into the upper bucket. This  is great for those that like to hide what they are catching.

The standard handles are replaced with Eagle Grips, this aftermarket add-on went through years of ergonomic development before release. The patented design actually spreads out the load, not just on your hand, but to the rest of muscles in your wrist, forearm and shoulder. For sportsmen, it means better circulation and less muscle fatigue in the cold. This is standard equipment on all Ice Hopper buckets.

Next lets talk about your battery. In the bottom of the lower bucket a specially cut piece of foam is laid in the bottom of the unit to hold your gel cell battery snugly. From your battery you get a custom power cord that will plug into your units power supply cord that goes to you units head. The cable runs out of the bucket through the side.

Now lets get the brackets or arms of the unit.

On the Pro model that I have the arms telescope and move in and out so you can find the prefect distance from the hole.Also it can be flipped up so that if you are fishing inside your shanty it can be at perfect eye level. So no straining your neck looking down why fishing slow in the shack. The unit can be collapsed into a compact unit that will fit into the upper bucket. You also get a shield that will cover up the face of the Vex and MarCum units so no snow and ice get on the face of the unit.

You also get a transducer caddie which will hold your transducer safely and will not let it banged around and damage.

There is also holes that are pre drilled into the frame so you can also mount and underwater camera, rod holders, any switches that might be needed for your unit. 

Something else you can do is mount a Super UV light to the arm so it shots towards your hole so that when you pull out your glow jigs it get a hit of UV and recharge your jig.It will also light up your mono lines so you can see them even better, which can lengthen your day on the ice into the night.

I am hoping I hit on everything but I might have missed something.

Here are two more pics I have of the Sonic Ice Hopper. You will not be disappointed if you buy one of these units they are worth every dollar.

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Now that is how you explain how something works and i want one!

Great post.

One Question, you said that the arm can fold up so if your in a shanty that the sonar unit is eye height. Your sitting in the shanty and not on the bucket itself. Is that correct?

If so that is what i need. My neck hurts so bad by looking down all day.

That's Awesome.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

OIM

• View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
Yes the Bucket is out in front of you while you are sitting on the seat inside your shanty.

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045

Vexilar